Join Our Award Winning Team
Currently Hiring For The Following Positions
Cabinet Maker – Build & Create Custom Cabinetry
- Builds custom cabinetry & wine racking by studying blueprints and specifications.
- Setting-up and operating equipment; verifying dimensions; assembling and finishing components.
Fine Woodworking Experience, Documentation Skills, Inventory Management, Conceptual Skills, Strategic Planning, Listening, Functional and Technical Skills, Creativity, Supply Management, Tooling.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, sketches, specifications; checking equipment and tools; calculating parts, components, materials, and supplies requirements.
- Obtaining and selecting wood, materials and supplies.
- Cuts and shapes wood components by determining appropriate methods for cutting, shaping, and assembling parts.
- Setting-up and operating equipment, including power saws, planers, sanders, lathes, jointers, routers, and nailers; measuring and marking materials; verifying dimensions; trimming parts using hand tools, including planes, chisels, wood files, and sanders. * Assembles units by attaching parts and components using fasteners and adhesives; verifying dimensions; trimming and adjusting parts. * Finishes units by sanding and adding hardware.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and legal regulations, including Material Safety Data Sheets, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and Environmental Protection Act.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and established procedures; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by checking stock; anticipating needs.
- Controls costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies. Documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as needed.
- Maintains quality production results by following organization standards. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Will train qualified applicant
Cabinetry Finisher – Painting & Stain Finishing
MK Designs is a fully custom cabinetry manufacturer. Our cabinets are of the highest quality and construction, offering an unlimited range of colors, styles, designs and accessories with top-notch customer service. MK Designs is currently seeking a Custom Cabinet Finisher to help achieve our quality driven products and services.
As a Cabinet Finisher, you’ll be using a combination of wipe stains and high-end finishes. We are seeking highly motivated finishers to perform high quality workmanship. Qualified candidates must be able to work individually, and as part of a team, with minimal supervision. Experience is preferred, but not required. They must be dependable, bear excellent attention to detail and have a positive attitude.
Primary Responsibilities as a Cabinet Finisher
- Prep raw cabinetry and finish sanding
- Read and review cabinetry plans and finish specifications
- Be able to match stain to original color samples provided
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Keep equipment in a clean and orderly condition in accordance to company practices and OSHA standards
- Apply primer, paint, base, stain and top coat on all applicable cabinetry including water based finishes.
- Work quickly and effectively to complete jobs in the time allotted
Qualifications of a great Cabinet Finisher
- Recognize MK Designs quality and product standards
- Able to take direction well
- Close attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and understand MK Designs finishing processes
- Spray gun experience preferred, but not a must
- Must be able to stand 100% of your day
- Participates and contributes to a team environment and follows quality standards
- Good communication skills are essential
Benefits of a great Cabinet Finisher
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Family owned company
- Friendly and team focused environment
Custom Cabinetry Installer
Perform custom cabinet installation, quality control and job-site cleanliness.
- Must be able to understand blueprint drawings and written specifications.
- Understand work orders, change orders, and all other related job documents.
- Report discrepancies and special conditions to MK Designs as soon as possible.
- Ability to use job specific tools to install cabinetry, hardware and trim
- Maintain a safe and clean job site.
- Installer are the responsibility of their own work gear and hand tools.
- MK Designs provides most power tools, with the possible exception of a screw gun.
- Assists with deliveries and installation
- Ability to measure,cut and install custom cabinetry, Doors,Crown along with other mouldings, Hinges and hardware.
- Clean up the sawdust, discarded wood and product packaging. Vacuum and dust the work area before leaving each day.
- The customer or the contractor may decide to look in on the job’s progress at any time.
- Installers should be a team player and help in all areas including the workshop, as needed.
- Manage time clock and clock in and out daily for jobs and breaks on mobile app.
- Reports directly to field supervisor.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and be willing to travel locally and to NJ, NY, MD,VA
- Maintain a positive motivated attitude and professional appearance.
- This job description is subject to change as the company grows and processes are updated.
Kitchen & Bath Sales Executive – Sales and Design Working With Qualified Clients
Sales Executive Job Responsibilities:
Builds business by contacting client leads and helping them through the design process; Maintain a professional appearance; Willing to drive and visit client locations.
Sales Executive Job Duties:
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their desired projects and needs.
- Travel to clients home or place of business. Ability to accurately measure and visualize the clients needs.
- Design and sell products offered by MK Designs.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; Customer service is paramount at MK Designs.
- Remain current on industry trends and market activities.
- Prepare designs according to clients needs and vision or ability to create designs from provided blueprints.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing MK Designs standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Executive Skills and Qualifications:
Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Positive Energy Level, Negotiation, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Creativity, Organized, Motivation for Sales and customer service.